Sunday, March 31, 2013

Gift From The Galilean


In 1983, something happened to me. 
I was given HOPE.  
I didn't pay for it, open my chakra to receive it, earn it, attune myself to a higher frequency, 
say affirmations, read the right book, eat the right food, wear the right color, 
go to the right church, listen to the right teaching or follow the right leader. 
Nope. I did...nothing. 
Oh.
Except for one thing.
I admitted I was dead.
 Tired, discouraged, bitter, betrayed, hopeless, unbelieving, unloved and unloving. But mostly tired.
That's all I had to offer.
So what did I have to lose?
May as well try Jesus. I had tried everything else.
So I came to Him lifeless.
And He came to me alive.
The next day...I awoke to a new world. 
Colors were brilliant.
The air was sweeter.
The light was brighter.
The ground hummed.
The dawn whispered.
Hope was no longer a stranger.
Hope was now a companion.
The gift of the pale Galilean.
Hope.
Resurrection is not religion.
Resurrection is not dogma.
Resurrection is not morality.
Resurrection is not theology.
Resurrection is hope.
And that is what Easter means to me.
HOPE.

1 comment: